Friday, November 14, 2008

How Do You Cope With the Loss of a Pet?

We know when we take an animal into our home and heart, that one day we are going to have to face living without them. Whether a bird, cat, dog, rabbit or any of the myriad pets that people have nowadays, that same creature will not in the main live as long as us.

I have had the honour of having many animals living with me over the years, and when the time came for them to leave I felt the same gut/wrenching pain each time. All but 2 of my babies had to be euthanised and that is such a hard decision to have to make. There are always questions, was it too soon, did I leave it too long, these are natural things that we ask ourselves?

I suppose if you know as I do that there is no death, it must be a little easier, but even knowing that I will see them all again does not make me cry fewer tears nor grieve any less.

http://www.psychicpaws.com

No comments: